What better time for my little brother to have found true love and decide to seal the deal with the cutest girl I've ever not met? Now would be awesome. Or, Friday, to be exact.
I'm so happy for him to have met someone who loves him and that he loves more than anyone else. I've never seen him with those schmoopy puppy dog eyes like he has with my sis-to-be.
What can I do? I can't lose 15 lbs in 2 days. I can't not go just because I am extra chubby. I can't be so selfish that I make this trip about my gigantic a$$ and not about his happiness.
THEREFORE (gosh that was a long and sad intro), I am going to remind myself why I am happy. This is why I am thankful this Thanksgivukkah:
- My Dan. He's so great to me and really really loves me.
- My Elena. She's so smart and sweet and really just a good person. I'm so excited to see what kind of grown up she'll become.
- My mini-me, Leah. She's the one who can bring a smile to my face when I need it the most, and the first one to snuggle me when I need a snuggle.
- My Josef. He's my last baby and my biggest headache. He's also the apple of my eye.
- My parents. They cheat death and cook like the devil and make me laugh all the time. What's not to love?
- My best friends. Like a wise Mindy Kahling once said, "best friend" is a tier, not a title. I have filled that tier with the people who lift my spirits and let me bitch and moan but don't let me stay down.
- Green. I love green. It makes me feel alive. Green grass and green trees and green bushes and green moss growing on trees and green ferns and so many shades of green my eyes can't look fast enough.
- Food. Though this is a double edged sword, I am so thankful for food as fuel, food as an art form, and even food as a vehicle to bring people together. I love to cook a lot, but I love to cook with Dan even more. I love eating something that someone has prepared for me out of love and I love the looks on people's faces when they love what I have prepared.
- Sports/Fitness. I love to play sports and watch sports and I love to work out and I love teaching RIPPED and I love making people throw up when I help them work out. I still hate to run but I love being a runner. I love learning about fitness and how the body works and what I especially love is that feeling of being completely drained at the end of a great workout.
- My faith. I don't share the same beliefs as many of my friends, but I do believe that God has given everyone the right to choose their own path, and I love the path that I have chosen. It is the perfect path for me.
- My name. I love the name Angenette, and I love going by Neti. I love being a Pickett, even if now it's my middle name and not my last name. Angenette Pickett is the name of a strong woman who knows what she wants and don't take no crap.
- My family. Nobody makes me laugh like my sibs do. They piss me off all the dang time (not as much now that we live far away), and they get tired of my crap a lot, too, but we love each other. Usually.
- The written word. Books make me happy. They carry me away. I love reading so much, and I love writing, too. Some day I'd like to be published. Until then, I'll write occasionally on the 53 blogs to which I contribute. Thanks to the 2-3 of you who read what I write.
Ok, I feel better now. Time to pack.